Music is a big part of the Springwood Heath world. We love to sing and are known as the singing school. With our choir we have sung on CD with other children from other schools and with our wonderful friends from Kingswood Manor Residential Home too!
We learn to play instruments such as Guitar, Keyboard and Ukulele. Throughout the year we enjoy welcoming musical visitors to our school.
In our classes we also enjoy singing.
- In Early Years the children learn with music every day singing nursery rhymes, number rhymes and songs in Spanish.
- In Year 1 we cover the themes of, ourselves, number, animals and the weather, machines, seasons, our school, story time, our bodies, travel and water.
- In Year 2, ourselves, toys, our land, our bodies, animals and number, story time the seasons, weather and pattern, and water and travel.
- In Year 3, environment and buildings, poetry and sounds, China and time, In the past, communication, the human body and singing in French, Ancient Worlds and food and drink.
- In year 4, poetry and the environment, sounds and recycling, buildings, around the world, Ancient worlds and singing in Spanish, communication and time, in the past and food and drink.
- In Year 5, our community, Solar System, Life Cycles, Keeping healthy, At the movies and celebrations.
- In Year 6, World Unite, journeys, growth, roots, class awards, moving on.
— Year 3 (@springwoodyear3) 22 January 2018
— Year 4 (@springwoodyear4) 4 December 2017
- Virtual coffee morning with The ASD Support Team 17th March 2021 10:00 am – 11:30 am