Here at Springwood Heath we have a school council which:
- Is a positive way of including all the pupils in school decisions e.g. school rules, fundraising.
- Comprises of at least two councillors from each class from Year 2 to Year 6 –
- Meetings take place regularly, usually during Breakfast Club, and are supported with the advice from a member of staff, but managed by the children themselves.
- Minutes of each meeting are shared with the rest of the school at an assembly and during class feedback sessions.
- Suggestion boxes, found in each classroom , provides an opportunity for all pupils to ask for items to be discussed by the Council.
The School Councillors are also members of Liverpool School Parliament; they visit the Town Hall to attend meetings. Councillors in the past have been invited to London to visit the Houses of Parliament.
- Virtual coffee morning with The ASD Support Team 17th March 2021 10:00 am – 11:30 am