All children have opportunities to develop their awareness and knowledge of computer related activities – each class has its own bank of networked PC with Internet Access. Children also have access to digital and video cameras, a scanner, interactive whiteboards, tablets, laptops and electronically controlled gadgets.
Children are introduced to coding and programming from Year 1.
We use many different websties as exciting, interactive tools to help young people to become engaged in coding. Please click on the pictures below to take you to the sites we use in school: Ask your child’s teacher for log in details.
There is a Code of Conduct for use of the Internet, which emphasises aspects of e-safety. All classes have regular sessions dedicated to learning about safe use of the internet.
The children will learn to use a computer:
· for finding and storing information
. for communicating with other classes and other schools
· for recording their own work (printing stories and data).
· for controlling models
· for supporting various parts of their classwork
· for fun
Children with particular needs have access to specialist equipment e.g. Alphasmart, talking photo album and other communication aids.
Rules for Responsible Use of the Internet
Computers and Internet Access are used at Springwood to help our learning. These rules should keep everyone safe and help us be fair to others.
- I will ask permission from a member of staff before using the Internet.
- I will only access the system with my own login and password. I will not access or delete other people’s files.
- I will not use the school’s network facilities to play games unless I have permission.
- I will not bringr pen drives or CDs into school unless I have been given permission.
- I will not access any Chat rooms or News Groups.
- I will not download software, games, music, video or text materials that are copyrighted.
- I will only e-mail people I know, or my teacher has approved.
- I will ask for permission before opening email or an email attachment sent by someone I do not know.
- All messages I send will be polite and sensible.
- Under no circumstances will I give my home address or telephone number or arrange to meet anyone.
- To help protect other children and myself, I will tell a member of staff if I see anything I am unhappy with or receive a message I do not like.
- I will only send e mail from home to school, if it will help me with my school work.
- I will not damage computers, computer systems or network hardware or software.
- I understand that the school may check my computer files and may monitor the Internet sites I visit.
- Class Photographs 6th March 2018 N/A